If you are limited in weight and dimension, but want more power, the ULPower 260iS with its 107 hp is an excellent choice.
The UL260IS is basically an UL260i engine modified to a higher compression ratio. It runs on Avgas or Mogas 98.
|Displacement||2592 cc [158.17 cu in]|
|Bore||105.6 mm [4.157 in]|
|Stroke||74 mm [2.913 in]|
|Compression Ratio||9.10 : 1|
|Firing Order||1 – 3 – 2 – 4|
|Direction of Rotation||Clockwise – seen from cockpit|
|240 Nm [177 ft.lb] @ 2800 rpm|
|107 hp @ 3300 rpm / 93hp@2800rpm|
|Installed weight||72.3 kg [159.3 lbs] (including all accessories, oil and exhaust)|
|DC output||30 Amp (+/- 15 Amp available above engine/fuel pump needs)|
|Oil capacity||2.5 L [0.66 US gal]|
|Fuel||Unleaded automotive gasoline with min. 98 oct. RON (89 MON = 93 AKI).
AVGAS 100LL may also be used if regular fuel is not available.
Power / Torque curve
The power and torque curve of the engine has been established by repeated dyno tests, which were performed at sea level and in weather conditions close to the ISA standard. The following graph shows the real, available power and torque coming from the crankshaft of the UL260iS engine corrected to the International Standard Atmosphere conditions at sea level.
Power vs MAP and RPM
The following graph shows the power the UL260iS engine produces at a given manifold pressure (MAP) running at a particular rpm. When taking your MAP reading and corresponding RPM at cruising speed, the graph gives you a good idea of how much (little) power your aircraft actually needs in flight.
Power vs Density Altitude
The following graph shows the calculated available power of the UL260iS engine at different RPM settings, WOT (wide open throttle) and varying density altitude.
For more information on ISA, density altitude, interpretation of this graph, the conversion of the figures to actual atmospheric conditions, refer to the “Engine Resources” section on our website and more specifically: “ISA conditions & conversion”.
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS:
|Maximum dimension in X direction (length)*||553 mm [21.77 inch]|
|Maximum dimension in Y direction (width)*||655 mm [25.75 inch]|
|Maximum dimension in Z direction (height)*||472 mm [18.6 inch]|
- Dry weight of the basic standard engine from serial production: 60,1 kg (132.5 lb)
- Ready-to–fly weight: 72,9 kg (160.72 lb)
- Ready-to–fly weight for ISA: 75,4 kg (166.22 lb)
For more details please check the installation manual.
Fuel consumption (Liter/hour)
Specific fuel consumption
These are values at full throttle. When cruising estimated average is UL260 ±13l.
(depending on type of plane, personal style of flying, cruise speed , climate circumstances)
PRICE & OPTIONS:
The following is a list of the ULPower engine standard design features, all included at no additional cost.
- Dual (redundant) electronic spark ignition (variable timing)
- Multi-point electronic fuel injection with automatic altitude and temperature compensation
- Electronic RPM limiter
- Rubber mounts
- Alu ram airboxes
- Breather with Oil/Air separator (including: temperature resistant hoses and banjo connections)
- Direct propeller drive
- Wet sump forced lubrication with integrated pressure regulator
- Stainless steel exhaust and muffler included
- One electric fuel pump, two fuel filters, fuel pressure regulator and air filter
- EGT Sensor kit
- CHT Sensor kit
- Fuel connection kit
- Oil Cooler kit
- Double ecu
- Different types of prop flanges
- Different exhaust systems
- Swiveling oil pick-up tube
- Dual alternator
- Forced air cooling
Please contact us for more info / prices
- 001: Propeller flange bolt locking (pdf — 1.3 MB) — Friday 24 September, 2010
- 002: Installation ECU (pdf — 1.46 MB) — Wednesday 27 October, 2010
- 003: Alternator fan (pdf — 464.67 kB) — Wednesday 01 August, 2012
- 004: Fuel selector (pdf — 11.4 kB) — Monday 19 August, 2013
- 005: Alternator fan (pdf — 99.04 kB) — Friday 08 November, 2013
- 006: Locking plate M4 bolt cylinder head (pdf — 277.8 kB) — Friday 29 November, 2013
- 007: Oil pickup tube (pdf — 314.31 kB) — Tuesday 03 June, 2014
- 008: Alternator fan (pdf — 588.2 kB) — Tuesday 10 November, 2015
- 2016-01 bis: Fuel lines from fuel connection kit K020001 / K020007 / K020008 (doc — 35 kB) — Wednesday 09 March, 2016
- 2016-01: Fuel lines from fuel connection kit K020001 / K020007 / K020008 (doc — 35.5 kB) — Wednesday 09 March, 2016
- 2016-02: Bolts valve cover plate + bolts inlet manifold (pdf — 279.8 kB) — Thursday 25 August, 2016
- 2017-01: shock absorbers (pdf — 224.49 kB) — Friday 13 January, 2017
Manual (Latest version)
- UL260 Maintenance manual (pdf — 1.7 MB)
- UL260 Illustrated parts catalogue (RED ECU) (pdf — 2.48 MB)
- UL260 Operating manual (pdf — 2 MB)
- UL260 Installation manual (Red ECU) (pdf — 7.45 MB)